Legal Tender Presidential Dollars
The U.S. Mint's Presidential $1 coin program celebrates the individuals who have held our country's highest office. Since its launch in 2007, it has been wildly popular with coin collectors, historians, and anyone else with interest in patriotic collectibles. Though they are official U.S. legal tender, they are no longer circulated for general use — instead, the Mint now sells them exclusively to the collectors' market.
If you're looking to buy U.S. Presidential Dollar coins, you've come to the right place. AMERICAN MINT has a large selection available for you. Browse our inventory and shop online with confidence.
About the Presidential Dollar Program
The Presidential $1 Coin Act of 2005 was passed with the aim "to revitalize the design of United States coins and return circulating coinage to its position as an object of aesthetic beauty in its own right." They are known for their impressive design and high level of attention to detail, with edge-incused inscriptions and oversized artwork. They have the same face value and composition as the Sacagawea dollar, though because of their collectible nature, Brilliant Uncirculated (BU) Presidential coins tend to command a somewhat higher price on the collectors' market.
The U.S. Mint typically issues four new Presidential Dollars every year, though the Treasury Department temporarily suspended and reduced the scope of the program in 2012. As of 2016, Ronald Regan was the last president honored by the series. All coins use the same reverse design, an image of the Statue of Liberty made by U.S. Mint Sculptor-Engraver Don Everhart.
Introducing Our Collection of Presidential Dollar Coins
Our remarkable Presidential Dollar coin collection provides a fitting tribute to some of the most exceptional leaders to ever inhabit the White House, including:
- George Washington Presidential Coin Tribute: Widely regarded as the "Father of Our Country," George Washington led the Continental Army to victory during the American Revolution and went on to serve as our first president. Our stunning George Washington coin set includes a 24K gold-layered dollar and accompanying commemorative coin.
- John F. Kennedy Presidential Commemorative Coin Set: The election of JFK in 1960 spawned an era of optimism referred to as "Camelot," which came to a tragic end three years later with his assassination in Dallas. Our exclusive gold-layered two-coin set, released in 2015, has quickly become a staple of our collection.
- JFK 50th Anniversary 5-Piece Set: Any true fans of our 35th president will want to make this spectacular five-coin set a cornerstone of their collection. The set consists of four authentic Kennedy half dollars and one JFK Presidential Leadership commemorative coin.
- Lincoln and the 1861 Double Eagle Tribute: Perhaps our most revered president, Abraham Lincoln held the nation together during the darkest period in our history, the Civil War. There's no better way to honor Lincoln's legacy than by adding this brilliant two-coin set to your collection.
- 2015 Presidential Dollar Set: This comprehensive collection includes eight presidential dollars in a special-edition set that commemorates JFK, LBJ, Eisenhower, and Truman. You'll receive two Presidential Dollars for each commander-in-chief in Brilliant Uncirculated condition.
Why Collect Presidential Dollar Coins?
The urge to collect is practically universal. We accumulate objects to admire their intrinsic beauty and to remind us of the things we value in the world. If you are interested in the Presidency as an office, want to remember a politician you particularly admire or care about your country in a general sense, a Presidential Dollar will make a worthy addition to your collection.
There's no question that everyone who holds the office of the Presidency leaves a permanent stamp on the country. The Presidential Dollar series is a tribute to the select group of individuals who have led the United States over the years. Each coin is a piece of history, one that ultimately speaks to who we are and what we believe in.
Buying Collectible Coins
AMERICAN MINT routinely has Presidential Dollars for sale in our online store, including the occasional rarity. In addition to individual coins, we also sell complete sets that are mounted in an attractive display to showcase in your home. Our inventory changes regularly, so if you don't see what you're looking for, check back later. You can also contact our office directly, as we may be able to track down specific coins from our network of suppliers.
Shopping online is easy with AMERICAN MINT. We've designed our website to be easy to navigate and hassle-free to shop. We stand behind all products with a satisfaction guarantee, as well as our longstanding commitment to excellent customer service.